9.01.2010

At the Dry Lake Bed

When we got out of the car, my sister looked around at the lake bed and said, “Really? This is where you want to do pictures?” I assured her hundreds of other photographers had done it before, and we’d be in for a real treat.

One would look at my sister and think that she’s a natural in front of the camera, but, honestly, she’s really hard to photograph because she doesn’t like attention. She’s too self-conscious, and she NEVER likes pictures of herself. Unless I take them. So that’s just what I did. I love this location. Fun, artisitic shadows while the sun is out, and just at it goes behind the mountains there’s this beautiful creamy lighting that could make anyone look flawless. Granted, Rebecca’s got a lot to work with. She’s beautiful - absolutely lovely. I’d hate her if I didn’t love her so much. But she also happens to be one of the sweetest, most considerate, let-you-cry-on-her-shoulder types of people that you can’t help but adore. I am so grateful for my sister and best friend (next to my hubby, of course). You so ROCKED my camera, Pretty!

Untitled-1

Untitled-2

012

033

026

Untitled-3

Untitled-4

041

057

068

Untitled-5

063

087 copy

099

Untitled-7

Oh, and let’s give credit where credit is due – I bought this darling outfit for her specifically for the shoot, and I was going to take it back if we didn’t use it, and now she’s buying it from me :) (Just kidding, Juddy, she’s not spending any money).

 

079

Untitled-6

Untitled-8

101

 

140

Untitled-9

147

163

164

Untitled-10

Untitled-11

Untitled-12

181

Untitled-13

191

Untitled-14

201

203 copy

Untitled-15

211

Untitled-16

Untitled-17

248

268

273

Untitled-18

262

Untitled-19

311

Untitled-20

Untitled-21

302

Untitled-22

328

333

4 comments:

RACHELLE said...

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING AS ALWAYS! YES SHE ROCKS! BEAUTIFUL SISTER! WONDERFUL PHOTOGRAPHER!

Jeanna Hayes said...

WOWWWW!!!!!
Ok... Lighting? Perfect. Model? Stunning. Chair? Awesome. You? AMAZING!!!!!

Christina Blood said...

Love it all! I have to agree... you are amazing!!!

Kata said...

WOW! love the desert action! Great job rach!